Blue Spirit Freedivers: Freediving Course Level 1 (Beginner)
SSI FREEDIVING LEVEL 1
The introduction to the purest form of diving. Learn proper breathing techniques, familiarize yourself with diaphragm breathing and take a deep breath like you never have before. In the level 1 freediving course you acquire the proper skills and knowledge to participate in freediving to depths of 20 meters in the most relaxed and safest manner possible.
- SSI online training material for course preparation
- Rental of equipment for the duration of the course
- SSI certification after successfully finishing the course requirements
At least one day prior to the beginning of the course we will meet up to do the required paperwork and medical self assessment.
Day 1 – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Academic and pool sessions at dive center facilities
- Academic Session I - Freediving equipment and physiology
- Breathing and Relaxation
- Pool Session - duck-dive, body position, finning, 30m DYN, safety
- Academic Session II - freediving skills, LMC/BO, rescue, buddy system, environment
Day 2 – 7:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Open water sessions at Lake Eacham
- Stretching for Freediving
- Open Water Session I - duck-dive, equalization, body position, finning, diving with the line, turn, 10m CWT
- Open Water Session II - training, only arms ascend, no mask ascend, 20m CWT
- Final Exam
- Course Summary
For individual pick and departure please contact us (phone: +61 (0) 478 759 785 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Optional: Depending on the group the course can also be scheduled as a 3 day course. Please contact us for individual inquiries.