Calypso Star Charters: 1 day Shark Cage Diving Adventure
See great white sharks in their natural environment from the safety of a cage on a tour in the magnificent purpose built MV Calypso Star II. The ocean's ultimate predator, the Great White Shark, can be seen from the safety of our 8 person cage!
1 day Shark Cage Diving Adventure - DIVER or SPECTATOR
Calypso Star Charters provides guests with the ultimate adventure activity with an Advanced Eco Certified one day Great White Shark Cage Diving tour. With more than 20 years' experience and awarded South Australia’s Best Adventure Tour at the 2015 South Australian Tourism Awards, Calypso Star is the market leader for these tours with more people choosing to cage dive with Calypso Star than any other operator in Australia.
Our licence to berley gives us the best chances at shark sightings.
Tours depart from the Port Lincoln Marina and give guests the opportunity to come face to face with the ocean’s ultimate predatory fish, experiencing approximately 45 minutes of cage viewing time. See these majestic creatures in their natural environment, be mesmerised by their size and gracefulness, and learn why we must protect their existence.
No experience is required, it’s open to all ages and Port Lincoln is the only place in Australia offering this unforgettable opportunity!
- Meet at the Marina at 6.30am to the smell of fresh coffee
- Depart the Marina at 7am as the smell of hot muffins fills the air
- Enjoy the 2.5 hour journey to the crystal clear waters of the Neptune Islands
- On arrival at the Islands view the Sea Lions that inhabit the area
- The Skipper selects the day's location, based on weather, the anchor is dropped and a quick safety briefing is conducted
- Now it's time to shark dive!
- The cage enters the water and the crew begin to chum and bait the water
- Groups of up to eight at a time - largest shark cage in Australia - enjoy about 45 minutes of magnificent cage viewing time
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are all supplied
- Relax, unwind and enjoy the journey home sharing stories with your fellow passengers
- Return time - Due to the nature of the activity we cannot guarantee the exact time we will return to the Marina at the end of the day. The return is subject to weather conditions and shark activity. Every effort will be made on the day to give everyone the opportunity to sight sharks, even if this means staying on site for additional time. Generally we will return around 6pm but we have returned as late as 9pm. Guests are therefore required to stay a minimum of two nights in Port Lincoln, the night before and the night after the charter, to ensure you do not miss any flights.
Charters depart 10 days a fortnight from the Port Lincoln Marina.
Transfer services operate from several accommodation venues in Port Lincoln for $10 per person. Please enquire about these at the time of booking.
Highlights Photos: $30 each.
- Our underwater cameras are available for all to use
- Our crew will also take photos throughout the day including a shot with our replica jaws, a shot of your group before the dive, an individual shot of you entering the shark cage and other candid shots throughout the day
- A CD of digital photos is compiled using all good quality photos from the day, along with some great snaps from our archives
- GoPro with 8 GB SD card – Hire of the GoPro and the purchase of an 8GB micro SD card with adapter $50
- If you want to capture loads of footage and don’t think that one card is enough, you can upgrade on board to a 16GB card
Merchandise and alcohol available for purchase onboard - Eftpos facilities available