EcoZip Adventures: Flying Fox Ziplines & Forest Walk Tour
With a complimentary pick up from the island's ferry terminal at Matiatia Wharf, or from Oneroa Village bus stop if you're already on the island, you'll enjoy a commentated "Waiheke Highlights" bus tour en route to our site on Trig Hill.
Upon arrival and welcome at our visitor centre, you will be checked-in, geared up, and readied for one of Auckland’s most eco-friendly activities!
Three, GIANT, 200m dual flying fox ziplines will fly you smoothly side-by-side with a partner, friend or relative down into a stunning tract of original and regenerating native ‘bush’ (forest).
It’s a scenic interpretive walk back to base, where you’ll learn about local flora and fauna and the conservation of our spectacular natural environment.
With a choice of drop-off locations afterwards, we'll make sure you have plenty of things to do on Waiheke!
Please call 09 372 5646 to confirm which pick-up you require from the following location options:
1. Waiheke Ferry Terminal (Matiatia) - 30mins prior to your tour time
2. Oneroa Village bus stop - 20 minutes prior to your tour time
If you are making your own way to our site at 150 Trig Hill Road on Waiheke, please ensure you arrive AT your tour time.
WHAT TO BRING:
The comfort and safety of our guests is paramount to us. Please bring the following:
1. Sunscreen and a hat/cap that can be worn underneath a helmet
2. Footwear that can be buckled, laced, or zipped up
3. A warm jersey and a waterproof jacket, even if fine weather is forecast!
- A pick-up from Matiatia Ferry Terminal (where you disembark the ferry from downtown Auckland) or from Oneroa Village if you are already on Waiheke Island.
- A 25-minute commentated "Waiheke Highlights" tour en route to our site on Trig Hill.
- 3 GIANT 200m picturesque flying fox zipline rides.
- A 30-minute, 1.5km interpretive forest walk.
- A complimentary drop-off at a range of locations en route back to Matiatia.
Usual tour times as follows:
These dovetail with the following Auckland City ferry departures:
EcoZip Adventures has partnered with a range of Waiheke-based and Auckland operators to offer a bunch of discounts and promotional offerings to EcoZip guests.
Ask the team at EcoZip for details of their "Wristband Referral Program" at the end of your tour!