NZ Snow Tours: Guided Family Ski Tour - Queenstown
Here at NZ Snow Tours we take the stress out of your family snow holiday with our dedicated snow packages designed specifically for families. For years now we have been delivering amazing snow experiences to families of all shapes and sizes basing themselves in either Queenstown or Wanaka for an amazing week.
Our Wanaka Guided Family Tours are based in the beautiful town of Wanaka, New Zealand.
- 7 nights accommodation
- 4 day lift pass for each family member
- Airport transfers (Queenstown International)
- Daily mountain transport
- Mt Nicholas Farm Experience
- Driver and guide for the duration of the tour to show you the secret spots both on and off mountain
- Two spare days for experiencing the other attractions in the area including your Mt Nicholas Farm Experience
There are some key advantages to having a fully guided tour with us:
- Our guides are all highly experienced skiers/boarders who will be with you on the mountain, giving you tips and tricks and ensuring you experience the best of the conditions, by using their vast amount of local experience and knowledge.
- They are very experienced at driving in winter conditions, fitting chains and getting you around the slopes.
- Our friendly guides will make you feel welcome and ensure that both you and the kids make the most from your week of skiing/snowboarding.
- They are there for you, and the kids - from picking up a dropped glove to taking a hit from a snow ball, they will do it all with a smile.
- They take the stress out of the week due to their local knowledge and network of contacts in Queenstown and Wanaka - both on and off the mountain.
Forget about the hassle and expense of car hire, with daily pickups and drop offs from your accommodation to the mountain, we've got it all sorted. It all starts at the airport (Queenstown International) where we'll be waiting for you, van at the ready, to kick off your week, and ends only when we drop you off again and say good bye.
We also know how hard it can be to source quality accommodation in peak season for a family, which is why we take care of that as well, and we have a range of accommodation types to suit you - choose from 3 levels of options.
What about lessons, child care or even dinner bookings? No problems, we are super happy to arrange almost anything and everything! What does this leave you to do? Just relax, ski and enjoy time with the family.
Prices: We have 3 different options to choose from.
(Prices are based on 2 adults and 2 child (6-17yrs) please inquire if your family numbers and ages are outside of this range and we will happily re-quote)
- Silver: $5199.00 per family
3 Star, 2 bedroom Family Units or similar
Self-catering family accommodation, close to Queenstown CBD. Our spacious family motel rooms have two separate bedrooms with queen bed and two single beds, kitchenette, lounge area and en-suite with bath.
- Gold: $5999 per family
4 Star, 2 bedroom Family Apartment or similar
Luxury two bedroom Queenstown apartment. Fantastic family accommodation for ski holidays & longer stays. Luxuriously furnished with open-plan living and dining areas, two bathrooms, designer kitchen with dishwasher and washer/dryer and a large balcony.
- Premium: $7699.00 per family
5 Star, Two Bedroom Apartment or similar
Our gold package provides the luxury of a spacious two bedroom apartment at the 5 star level. You and your family can relax and enjoy in this splendor option. Spacious open planned living, with all the amenities you need, dining and lounge area, bathroom and ensuite, kitchen, washer/dryer all at a grandeur level.
Itinerary Queenstown Family 2016
Please note: We want to ensure you get the most out of your ski/board days, and for this reason, our guides will monitor the weather to see what ski resort is most appropriate. Please use this itinerary as a guide only.
Day 1 – Saturday
ARRIVIAL DAY - Your friendly guide will pick you and your family up, from Queenstown Airport
Arrive at your leisure into Queenstown airport, where your guide will meet you. Once you and your family have meet up with our guide, you can literally just “switch off” and enjoy your holiday. The guide will have all the logistics, driving, ski passes, organising and everything else taken care off.
Depending on your arrival time, you could fit in one or two of the many family friendly activities Queenstown offers (Zipride, Shotover Jet, and Kiwi Birdlife Park just to name a few), or you may just want to relax. Your guide will make sure you are acquainted with Queenstown, and take you to the supermarket to stock up on snacks and supplies if needed. If you are requiring rental equipment (skis, boots, toboggan, jacket, pants etc.), your guide will take you to pick these up before heading to your accommodation. Once dropped at your accommodation you are free to explore your new home.
Day 2 – Sunday
SNOW DAY - Please be waiting in the lobby at 8:00am – Coronet Peak (25 minutes)
Your guide will pick you up this morning and cannot wait to show you and your family the slopes. Today we head to Coronet Peak just a short 25-minute drive away. Your guide will organise everyone’s passes, make sure you all orientated with the base facilities, and arrange lessons for those who would like them They will also make sure everyone is in the right place at the right time, show you around the slopes, and find that lost glove. They will ensure your day runs effortlessly!
Coronet Peak is perfect for everyone; the terrain is rolling and fun. A huge base area makes grabbing lunch a breeze, along with plenty of outdoor seating. Their learner’s area is fantastic, their ski school is world class, which makes these first days ideal to take a lesson.
Day 3 – Monday
SNOW DAY - Please be waiting in the lobby at 7:30am – The Remarkables (40 minutes)
The Remarkables the Queenstown other top resort, and boasts magnificent views. Let your guide show you the way, and follow the sun around all the slopes while avoiding the crowds. A huge learner’s area right next to the base lodge makes it ideal for kids to learn and have fun. And did I mention their tubing park!
Day 4 – Tuesday
DAY OFF SNOW – Mt Nicholas Farm Experience
Included in your family tour is a trip to visit Mt Nicholas Farm. There are two departure times for you to choose from 11am or 1pm – which leaves plenty of time in either the morning or afternoon to sleep in, hit the shops, or schedule another activity such as the Kiwi Bird life Park.
Mt Nicholas Farm Experience
This is an exclusive behind-the-scenes visit to a truly authentic, family-run merino sheep farm that produces the highest quality wool for world-renowned Icebreaker clothing company. Depart from the centre of Queenstown and cruise across Lake Wakatipu on board Spirit of Queenstown to Mt Nicholas High Country Farm. Soak up the tranquility of this stunning area as you take in panoramic views while visiting one of New Zealand’s most rugged and remote high country farms.
- Cruise over Lake Wakatipu to Mt Nicholas High Country Farm with spectacular views up the lake to Glenorchy and the Southern Alps
- Join your guide on a tour of the farm, in a stunning mountain location on the lake edge
- Follow the journey of merino wool in a fun, interactive and hands-on environment – from mustering through to the creation of Icebreaker clothing
- Visit sheep yards to watch sheep being moved by the farm guide and dog
- Meet working animals used on the farm and learn about daily family life
- Morning or afternoon tea including homemade pikelets (pancakes)
Day 5 – Wednesday
SNOW DAY - Please be waiting in the lobby at 8.00am – Coronet Peak (25 minutes)
Today we head back to Coronet Peak for another day of skiing. Your guide will arrange any ski lessons you may require, and show you even more slopes to ride for your ability. Your guide will likely have you some seats saved for everyone for lunch, and ensure you are in the right place, at the right time, including picking the kids up from ski school.
Day 6 – Thursday
SNOW DAY - Please be waiting in the lobby at 7.30am
Our forth ski day, takes us to the resort with the best weather and snow for the day. Your guide will have studied the weather and snow conditions intently, choosing the best resort for the day. Each resort has different aspects, which affects how much fresh snow they get or how sheltered they are from weather. If it is blue skies and calm weather everywhere, well, you get to choose!
Day 7 – Friday
DAY OFF SNOW
Your final day, is your second day off snow. There are plenty of activities to do and your guide is happy to arrange these for you. If you are interested in just a sleep in and a lazy day – no problems, or if you want to go up skiing – no problems. We will arrange whatever you choose to do.
Day 8 – Saturday
DEPARTURE DAY – Your guide will bid you and your family farewell from Queenstown Airport
NZ Snow Tours hopes you and the kids have enjoyed your time in the snow with us, as today you depart from Queenstown and head home. It is never goodbye though; it is always “See you next time!”
2016 Queenstown Family Departure Dates
- 25-Jun 2-Jul
- 2-Jul 9-Jul
- 9-Jul 16-Jul
- Or contact us to arrange a private family tour.
Additional extras please ask for Quotes:
- Equipment rental (Skis, Snowboards, Snow Clothing, Toboggans, Goggles, Gloves)
- Lessons/kids ski school (Private, Groups, Kids Club)
- Babysitting services
- Additional day off activites (Jet Boating, 4WD Safari, Bungy Jumping, Kiwi Bird Life Park)