Poseidon Snorkel & Dive
Designed for personalised dive and snorkel adventures, Poseidon will take you on a journey of discovery as you visit 3 different reef sites on the outer Great Barrier Reef at the stunning Agincourt ribbon reefs. Departing daily from Port Douglas.
Departing daily from Port Douglas, Poseidon is a 24 metre catamaran designed for personalised dive and snorkel adventures as you visit 3 different reef sites on the outer Great Barrier Reef at the stunning Agincourt ribbon reefs.? Enjoy snorkelling in this marine wilderness, including a guided snorkel tour, or choose to scuba dive (additional cost). Certified and Introductory divers can enjoy up to 3 dives.
With freshwater showers, a licensed bar, air-conditioned saloon and open deck areas, Poseidon makes a perfect setting to enjoy a day on the reef. Poseidon also has a special permit allowing guests to swim with the dwarf minke whales.
You Day Includes
- Return coach transfers from Port Douglas accommodation.
- Return Poseidon cruise from Port Douglas.
- Morning tea, coffee with fresh muffins and focaccia on boarding; afternoon tea with cake and tropical fruit platter.
- Tropical buffet lunch with prawns.
- Reef interpretation talk.
- Guided snorkel tour with marine biologist.
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and instruction provided.
- Lycra suits and flotation devices.
- Prescription masks available at no extra cost.
Your day with Poseidon will take you to experience diving and snorkelling at 3 different and ecologically diverse reef sites.
8.15am: Vessel boarding at the Reef Marina, Port Douglas. Complimentary tea, coffee served until departure, muffins & focaccia.
8.30am: Depart for Outer Barrier Reef
10.20am: Arrive at 1st Agincourt Reef Site
11.20am: Transit to 2nd Agincourt Reef Site
11.30am: Arrive at 2nd Agincourt Reef Site
12.00pm: Buffet lunch served
1.20pm: Transit to 3rd Agincourt Reef Site
1.30pm: Arrive at 3rd Agincourt Reef Site
1.30pm: Afternoon tea served
2.30pm: All passengers board for final passenger count
2.40pm: Commence return journey
4.30pm: Arrive at Reef Marina
Poseidon departs daily from The Reef Marina, Port Douglas.
Departs Port Douglas: 8:30am
Returns to Port Douglas: 4:30pm.
Coach pick ups are available from Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas.
- Scuba Diving is an additional cost
- Coach Transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches are an additional cost.
- Environmental Management Charge/Admin: *$6 per person is payable by adults and children over 4 years. This cost is payable to Poseidon on the day of travel. (*$6.50pp payable from 01 April 2016)
- Fuel Surcharge: With fluctuations in world oil prices, it may be necessary to apply a fuel surcharge to your ticket price. In such cases, any charge will be collected on departure. For current advice contact your tour agent or Poseidon Cruises.