Pro Dive Lord Howe Island: 5 Night E-Learning Open Water Course
Lord Howe Island is widely recognised as one of the most beautiful islands in the Pacific and is one of a select group of islands in Australia that has World Heritage listing. Both NSW and Commonwealth Marine Parks preserve the vibrant ecosystems and endemic species that are found in the pristine waters surrounding the island. Lord Howe Island boasts the world’s most southerly barrier reef, which is fed by temperate and tropical currents. This unique blend of cool and warm water, coupled with the steep walls of the seamount has created a highly specialised hub of diversity. Many migratory species are attracted to the nutrient rich region such as tuna, whales and turtles. The Lord Howe Island group also boasts a number of endemic species including Double Header wrasse, McCulloch Anemonefish and is believed to be the only area where you can see the Ballina Angel fish on recreational SCUBA.
Experiencing diving for the first time in such an amazing and pristine environment will truly open your eyes to the wonders of diving. The quality learning environment and exceptional safety standards will allow you to dive at ease.
Guests: 6 guests and 2 crew
What’s Included: 5 Confined Water training dives, 4 Open Water training dives, all boat transfers, all tuition, accommodation for 5 nights, airport transfers, surface interval refreshments.
What to Bring: Swimwear, hat, sunglasses, comfortable clothing, E-learning Certificate.
Cancellation Policy This trip is fully refundable up until 30 days prior to departure. Please note cancellation fees apply if cancelling within 30 days prior to travel. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
• Some medical conditions may prevent you from diving. To participate in the Open Water course offered you MUST complete a dive medical. Please see your GP prior to arrival
• In the interest of safety we recommend you do not fly within a 24 hour period after diving
• The above itinerary is a guide only and the times of dives may change
• The skipper will always adapt an itinerary to the prevailing weather, tides and currents
• You will be required to fill out a Medical Waiver Release and Indemnity Deed prior to diving
Day 1: Arrival and Check In
• On arrival at the airport you will be greeted and transferred to your accommodation.
• Check in to your accommodation and receive familiarisation.
• Pro Dive Lord Howe Island staff member to pick you up from accommodation and transfer you to Pro Dive Lord Howe Island shop
• Meet your instructor, complete paperwork, complete quick quiz and be familiarised with setting up your own SCUBA kit
• Begin confined water training
Day 2: Open Water Dive 1 and 2
• Meet at Pro Dive Lord Howe Island shed at 08:30am where you will be receive a full dive briefing for your first open water dive.
• Complete your first two open water dives with your instructor
• Debrief with instructor and break for lunch (approx 1.30pm)
• After lunch you will complete confined water training
Day 3: Open Water Dive 3 and 4
• Meet at Pro Dive Lord Howe Island shed at 08:30am where you will be briefed regarding your final open water dives.
• Complete open water dives three and four with your instructor.
• Debrief with instructor and take time to finalise any queries you may have regarding your training
Day 4: Dive 5 and Dive 6
• Join us onboard "Explorer IV" for additional dives if you want more!
• Alternatively, see what else Lord Howe Island has to offer. Hiking, golf, stand up paddle boarding, outer reef snorkelling / free diving and kayaking are few of many other activities on offer.
Day 5: Optional Additional Dives or Free Time
• Join us onboard "Explorer IV" for additional dives if you still want more! (Dependent on your scheduled flight departure).
• Alternatively, undertake other activities on Lord Howe Island, or simply laze the day away on one of our beautiful beaches.
Day 6: Check Out and Departure
• Check out at your accommodation.
• Transfer to airport for departure.
Note: Itinerary subject to change.
Flying after Diving Recommendations For Dives within the No-Decompression Limits - Single Dives: A minimum preflight surface interval of 12 hours is suggested. Repetitive Dives and/or Multi-Day Dives: A minimum preflight surface interval of 18 hours is suggested.
Daily departures from the Pro Dive Lord Howe Island shed located on Lagoon Road.
Our friendly staff will reconfirm details of your booking on arrival at Lord Howe Island.
Camera / GoPro Hire: $30 per day
Additional Single Dive: $75 excluding gear hire. $105 including gear hire
Additional Double Dive: $150 excluding gear hire. $180 including gear hire
Note: Subject to weather and availability