Reef Encounter: Great Barrier Reef
If you really want to experience the Great Barrier Reef at its best... spend a night on it.
The Great Barrier Reef is one of the natural wonders of the world & Reef Encounter offers an outstanding opportunity to spend 1 or many nights on the Great Barrier Reef.
Dive and snorkel packages all include chef prepared gourmet meals.
Reef Encounter is a 35 metre luxury catamaran designed for the utmost stability & comfort at sea. The vessel is air-conditioned throughout & features spacious decks as well as roomy dining & recreation areas to dine and relax in.
The large easy access water platform allows hassle free scuba diving and snorkelling. The vessel also features staterooms which have double or twin beds, all with private bathrooms.
All of these features, combined with friendly, experienced dive crew makes Reef Encounter the ultimate scuba diving & snorkelling adventure vessel. We even have an onboard SPA!!
Depending on how long you stay aboard Reef Encounter, your time will be spent scuba diving or snorkelling at the many different reefs and locations on the Great Barrier Reef that we travel to and from.
- Luxury Accommodation with private bathrooms
- On-board Chef preparing all meals.
- Coffee, Coffee, Milo available all day whilst boat is stationary
- Snorkel Equipment and instruction (ex: wetsuit)
- Scuba Diving Demonstration & Instruction (not a scuba dive only a demonstration)
- Glass Bottom Boat & Marine Life Commentary.
- Marine Biologist presentation onboard Reef Experience on the journey to Reef Encounter
- Overnight Twin /Double share Cabins
- Bath and Beach Towels
- Modern Ocean View Rooms (Twin/Double)
- Private bathrooms
- Large Dining Area, bar and lounge
- onboard heated spa
- onboard water desalination plant
- Hydraulic dive/snorkel platform
- Heli Pad
What to bring:
- Overnight bag – If you wish to store any excess luggage we are happy to do so in our office at 100 Abbott street Cairns.
- For safety reasons Reef Encounter has a “No Shoe” policy. (There is no need to bring extra pairs of shoes)
- Cash or credit card for purchases of snacks from the bar / souvenirs for sale on-board or underwater camera hire.
- Sun hat, swimming clothes, sunscreen, sunglasses, light casual clothing.
- As the air-conditioning is on a set temperature for the heat during the day it can become quite cool in the evenings, even just being on the Great Barrier Reef can be cooler at night-time, therefore a light long-sleeved pullover, cardigan should be taken.
- Dive medical if required
- Proof of certification if you are a certified scuba diver.
* Sleeping Bags are NOT permitted
* Reef Encounter has a fully licensed bar - NO BYO!
EXTRA COSTS: AU$15 fees per day (comprised of $4.50 EMC, $5.50 Cairns Port Authority + $5 fuel levy).
Reef Encounters Sample 2 Day Itinerary
Day of Travel
- 7.30am Marlin Jetty “A” Finger – Welcome on-board Reef Experience our high speed air-conditioned catamaran. Enjoy a BBQ breakfast with Tea, Coffee and fruits
- 8.00am Depart Marlin Jetty Cairns transferring directly to “Reef Encounter (90 Minute transfer time)
- 9.45am Arrive at the Outer Great Barrier Reef and Transfer to Reef Encounter
- 10.30am Snorkel, sunbake and relax
- 12.00pm Lunch is served
- 12.45 Dive briefing for new passengers
- 1.30pm Scuba Dive and Snorkel Session or just sunbake and relax
- 2.45pm Cruise to out next spectacular Outer Reef location.
- 3.30pm Dive and snorkel session
- 6.00pm Dinner and Desert are served
- 6.30pm Brief for Night Diving
- 7.00pm Night Scuba Dive, relation time, star gazing
Day of Departure
- 6.30am Cereal and toast available before Scuba Dive or Snorkel Session
- 7.30am Breakfast is served
- 8.00am Cruise to our next Outer Reef Location
- 8.30am Scuba Dive and Snorkelling session
- 10.30am Scuba Dive session and last dive for depart passengers
- 12.00pm lunch
- 1.30pm Last Snorkel Session for Departing Passengers
- 3.00pm Transfer to Reef Experience for Journey back to Cairns
Itinerary and locations may change due to weather conditions
Skipper will decide which spectacular outer barrier reef location depending on weather and Reef Encounters Schedule
Please advise of any dietary requirements.
Reef Encounter stays out on the Outer Great Barrier Reef with daily transfers from Cairns Via Reef Experience
Check in at Marlin Marina A Finger at 7.30am boarding transfer vessel "Reef Experience"
DEPARTS CAIRNS DAILY at 7.30am from Marlin Marina "A finger.
Reef Levies to be paid on day of Travel: AU$15 fees per day (comprised of $4.50 EMC, $5.50 Cairns Port Authority + $5 fuel levy).
Optional Extras to be paid on board
- Wetsuit Hire $5.00 per day
- Dive Guide for Certified Divers $15.00 per Dive
- Scuba Diving on Snorkel Packages (intro Dive $70.00 1st Dive - Additional Dives $65.00)
- Night Dive on Introductory Dive Packages $80.00
- Soft Drinks, snacks ect from the bar